As the Receptionist you'll be the first person of contact for the community and guests. You will support the Growth Team with the following:
- Build a welcoming environment that is conducive to members sharing ideas and building relationships with each other.
- Create an environment where members are comfortable and able to focus on their projects.
- Take direction from the Growth Manager to support the Growth and Operations Team as necessary.
- All of this while illustrating MotionLab.Berlin's core values and working towards achieving our mission.
RECEPTION / FRONT DESK
- Cover the front desk during our opening hours and be an on-site point of contact for all members.
- Greet members and guests with a warm and welcoming demeanour.
- Ensure that all members and guests adhere to MotionLab.Berlin's Covid-19 policy by making sure they wear masks, properly check in via the front desk iPad or scanning the QR code at the entrance and present a negative test certificate.
- Answer any questions from members and guests regarding machine & meeting room bookings, memberships, community etiquette, etc.
- Notify members of any food deliveries and guests.
- Show interest in current and new members in order to facilitate the sense of community MotionLab.Berlin is known for.
- Identify opportunities to connect members with each other.
- Be an active user of the MotionLab.Berlin Slack workspace in order to engage with members and answer their questions.
- Support the Events Manager at community events.
- Resolve any issues that members are experiencing, eg booking system, issues with printer, etc.
- Receive, sort and organize all mail and packages. Ensure that all outgoing mail and packages are collected by the respective courier.
- Investigate and resolve 'lost' packages.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean at all times.
- Experience in office management, customer service or similar position (eg receptionist) is a plus.
- Must possess professional work ethic.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Passion for hardtech entrepreneurial communities.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Good command of German or English, both are a plus.
- Hands-on mentality and ability to get things done, even in challenging circumstances
- Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction.
What we offer
- A 3-month internship in a unique working atmosphere surrounded by hardtech start-ups and entrepreneurs working on innovative products such as autonomous vehicles, IoT solutions, renewable energy and much more.
- The opportunity to proactively shape a company and help build a global brand.
- You work in a young team and have a high degree of creative freedom in your areas of responsibility.
- In-depth understanding of how a Hardtech Innovation Hub and coworking space works.
- A unique opportunity to learn how to use our machines, such as 3D printers, laser cutters, etc., even for private use.